Lemon Chicken Soup with Spagetti
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- gredients [ View Metric ] 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, (about 2 lemons)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 (2") piece Parmesan cheese rind, (opt)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 cup (2.5 oz) spaghetti, broken into 2" pieces
- 2 cups diced cooked rotisserie chicken, preferably breast meat
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- kosher salt
- .NEW! Eat healthier with nutrition info!
- Try BigOven Pro for Free Preparation
- 1 . In a large stockpot, bring the chicken broth, lemon juice, bay leaf, and Parmesan rind, if using, to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2 . Add the carrots and simmer until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- 3 . Add the broken pasta and cook until the pasta is tender, for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4 . Add the chicken and heat through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and the Parmesan rind and discard.
- 5 . Stir in 1/2 of the cheese and the parsley. Season with salt, to taste. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.