Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- dients [ View Metric ] 16 oz cauliflower, frozen
- 2 tablespoon white onion finely chopped
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, finely shredded shredded
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon bacon, crumbed (optional)
- .NEW! Eat healthier with nutrition info!
- Try BigOven Pro for Free Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open frozen cauliflower bags one at a time into a collander and run cool water over each to separate the pieces and slightly thaw, but don't use warm water.
- Spray large casserole dish with Pam (or butter it well) and layer 1/2 (1 bag's contents) of cauliflower across bottom of dish. Season with salt and pepper; then layer with bits of onion, thinly sliced "pats" of butter, and 1/2 of cheddar cheese. Repeat.
- Pour cream over top and place dish in oven. If dish is very full, put a cookie sheet under it to prevent bubble-over in oven. Bake 45 minutes. About 10 minutes before completion, add crumbled bacon if you opt to.