Southwestern White Chili
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 3 cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chili peppers
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream, optional
- canned diced green chile peppers, optional
In a slow cooker place the onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, red pepper, beans, 2 cans chile peppers, broth and cooked chicken. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3 1/2-4 hours.
Stir in cheese until melted.
Ladle the chili into 8 bowls. If desired, top with sour cream and sprinkle with with additional chile peppers.