Grilled Pineapple Sundaes
- Cream Cheese Shortcakes:
- 1 large pineapple, cored and cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, for topping
- Caramel, for topping
- Paula Deen's Cream Cheese Shortcakes, recipe follows
- Fresh mint, for garnish, optional
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
Brush pineapple slices with melted butter and grill until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Serve with ice cream and caramel topping on top of Cream Cheese Shortcakes. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a food processor or pastry cutter, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add the cream cheese, stirring to combine, then add the heavy cream, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut the dough with a 2 1/2 inch round cutter, rerolling as necessary. Arrange the shortcakes on the prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely before serving.
You'll also love
- CRAB CAKES 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Tilapia Po' Boys with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tony Roma's Baked Potato Soup 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cherry Torte 5/5 (1 Votes)
- RAVE REVIEWS COCONUT CAKE AND... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Goody 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple sauce/glaze for hamloaf... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Coconut CheeseCake 5/5 (1 Votes)