Smoked Turkey Breast
For this smoked turkey, we highly recommend the Butterball Seasoning Kit with the Buttery Creole Marinade and Cajun Seasoning, but there are other options if you prefer a milder flavor. You can inject the turkey with the marinade of your choice or chicken broth.
- 1 (7-pound) turkey breast, thawed
- Butterball Buttery Creole Injection Marinade
- Butterball Cajun Seasoning
- Wood Chips for smoking (hickory, mesquite, apple or pecan)
- Apple Juice
- Butter, Salt and Pepper (optional seasonings – see footnote)
Fill the smoker’s water pan 1/3 full with a 50/50 mixture of apple juice and water. Preheat the smoker to 240°F.
Clean and dry the thawed turkey. Inject the turkey with 1/2 jar of Butterball Buttery Creole marinade. Season the outside of the turkey with Butterball Cajun Seasoning, rubbing it into the skin. (*See footnote for info about seasoning/marinade options.) Add a small handful of wood chips (we used hickory) to your smoker.
Place the turkey center to high in the smoker and close the door. Add a handful of wood chips every 30 minutes. Smoke for 4.5 hours. This total cooking time is for a 7 pound turkey breast. Based on the weight of your turkey breast, you will need to adjust the total cooking time. Estimated time at 240°F is about 38/39 minutes per pound. Make sure your internal temperature in the breast reaches 165°F.
* Additional Seasoning/Marinade Options: We highly recommend the Butterball Seasoning Kit with the Buttery Creole Marinade and Cajun Seasoning, but there are other options if you prefer a milder flavor. You can inject the turkey with the marinade of your choice or chicken broth. Season the outside of the turkey with salt and pepper, rubbing it into the skin. Place 5 to 6 pats of butter underneath the skin. You can also tuck several bay leaves underneath the skin.
You'll also love
- SEARED SCALLOPS 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Honey Orange Baked Chicken *GOOD* 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jimmy Dean Sausage Cheese Balls 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Hamburgers – Cheddar Stuffed –... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Microwave Turkey Meatloaf 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Turkey Cutlets with Paprika Cream... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mexico - Ancho rubbed Turkey... 5/5 (1 Votes)