Chinese Cole Slaw
- 1 c. oil
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 3/4 c. plus 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 pkg. Ramen noodles without seasoning
- 2 (2 1/4 oz.) pkg. slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. cole slaw mix OR
- 1 sm. head cabbage and two carrots, shredded
- 5 green onions, chopped with tops
Make the dressing the day before you serve. Blend with blender: oil, soy sauce, sugar, and vinegar.
Break up packages of Ramen noodles and saute in 2 tablespoons oil, stirring constantly. Add almonds and seeds. Keep stirring until mostly brown. Cool and place in a sealed bag or jar until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, toss cole slaw mix and onions with noodles and dressing. Salad will keep for several days but noodles will not be as crunchy.