Pan Roasted Salmon with Beurre Blanc
- BEURRE BLANC
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallots; minced
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic; minced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo; minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stick unsalted butter; cold, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- For The salmon
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 4 ounces each salmon fillet; skinned
Preheat oven to 350°F
Combine whiskey, pineapple juice, vinegar, shallots, paprika, garlic, and
chipotles for the beurre blanc in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil and reduce until liquid is nearly evaporated. Stir in
honey, tomato paste, and Worcestershire.
Off heat, whisk in butter, a few cubes at a time until incorporated; season
with salt and pepper. Transfer to a glass dish and set inside a bowl of
hot water to keep warm while roasting the salmon.
Combine brown sugar, salt, and spices for the salmon in a small bowl, then
rub on the top side of the salmon fillets.
Sear fillets, rub-side down, in oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet
over high heat. When the fish releases easily and rub side is browned,
about 2 minutes, flip fillets, and transfer pan to the oven.
Roast until fillets flake easily with a rork, 5-6 minutes. Serve with beurre