- 1/2 pound shrimp (raw, medium-size); cut in half
- 1/2 pound sea scallops; cut in half
- 1/2 pound boneless salmon; 1 inch chunks
- 2 carrots, with tops; sliced
- 1 medium onion; diced
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach; thawed, squeezed dry
- 4 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 dried bread crumbs
- 6 sheets phyllo
In skillet over medium heat, cook carrots and onion in 4 tablespoons
butter. Add spinach, seafood, salt, sage and cook until shrimp, scallops,
salmon turn opaque. Add 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
Melt butter. On plastic wrap, place 1 sheet of phyllo. Brush with butter;
sprinkle with 2 teaspoons bread crumbs. Continue layering phyllo, brushing
with butter and sprinkling with crumbs. Starting with a long side of
phyllo, spoon seafood mixture to cover about one-fourth of phyllo
rectangle. From seafood-mixture side, roll phyllo, jelly-roll fashion. Tuck
ends under to seal.
Place roll, seam-side down, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bursh with
remaining melted butter. Bake strudel 20 minutes or until golden. Cool
strudel on cookie sheet on wire rack 5 minutes for easier cutting.
Remove strudel to cutting board. To serve, cut strudel into slices.