Ham and Potato Scramble
- 8 -eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham (about 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, garlic salt, and pepper; beat with a rotary beater or whisk until well mixed. Stir in green onion. Set aside.
In a large non stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and ham to skillet; cook for 6-8 minutes or until light brown, stirring occasionally. Add egg mixture. Cook over medium heat, without stirring; until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edge.
Using a large spatula, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and folding for 2-3 minutes more or until egg mixture is cooked through but is still glossy and moist. Remove from heat immediately. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm.