Trader Joe's Black Bean Soup
- andouille sausage; sliced in rings
- 1 medium yellow onion; peeled and chopped
- 2 cup diced onion; bagged
- 1 clove garlic; crushed
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 15 ounce cans black Beans; do not drain
- 1 cup (half a jar) chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoon lime juice - juice of one lime
In a medium pot, saute onion and sausage in olive oil until onions are soft
Sprinkle in cumin and garlic and saute for a minute; pour in black beans
(including juices), salsa and lime. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
Ladle soup into individual bowls and can top with a dollop of yogurt.
Serve with tortilla chips.