POUND CAKE FRENCH TOAST
- 1 (16 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- dash of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- powdered sugar (optional)
Adapted from saraleedesserts.com
1.Slice pound cake into twelve slices (about ½-inch thick.)
2.Whisk eggs, cream, extracts and spices in a medium bowl until well blended.
3.Dip each pound cake slice into egg mixture making sure to coat all sides, shaking off excess batter into bowl.
4.Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
5.Add pound cake slices to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
6.Sprinkle with Confectioner’s sugar and top with fresh fruit or maple syrup, if desired.