Grilled Bread Topped with Arugula, Goat Cheese, Olives and Onions
- 9 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet)
- 6 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 small red onions (about 1 pound), sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 12 4 x 2 1/2 x 1/3-inch diagonal slices sourdough baguette
- 4 cups fresh arugula leaves, trimmed
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives (about 5 ounces), pitted, halved
Mix cheese and 4 teaspoons peel in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk 6 tablespoons oil, orange juice and 2 teaspoons orange peel in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass dish. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Add onions; turn to coat. Using metal spatula, transfer onions to grill and cook until tender and golden, turning occasionally and keeping onions intact, about 10 minutes. Return onions to dressing in dish; turn to coat. Set aside.
Brush remaining 3 tablespoons oil over bread. Grill until bread is golden, about 2 minutes per side. Spread cheese mixture over warm bread.
Add arugula to dressing; toss to coat. Top cheese bread with arugula, onions and olives.
You'll also love
- Garlic Cauliflower Mash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Balsalmic Roasted Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Boursin Creamed Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Fettucine Alfredo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Onion Soup Meat Loaf with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- mole pork and green olive... 0/5 (0 Votes)