Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Food Network Magazine. Volume 6 Number 7 (September 2013), pg 69. (Sunny Anderson)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp Madras curry powder
- 2 c whole milk, plain Greek yourt or 2% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 c thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1 c drained and finely chopped roasted red peppers (about 8 oz)
- pita chips
Preparation time 15mins
Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat until hot. Stir paprika and curry powder into hot oil until spices become aromatic. Immediately transfer to medium bowl.
Stir the yogurt, vinegar, and salt into spice mixtures. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the green onions for serving. Stir peppers and the remaining green onions into yogurt mixture. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with reserved green onions. Serve with pita chips.