Crockpot - Chicken Cacciatore
- 2-3 onions, thinly sliced
- 2-4 lbs chicken (breasts or thighs), skinned
- 1 28oz can plum tomatoes, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or broth
- 2 tbsp capers
- 20 pitted Kalamata olives, chopped coarsely
- 1 bunch fresh parsley or basil, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Cooked Pasta
Placed sliced onion in crock-pot and cover with chicken. In a bowl, stir tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic and white wine together. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in capers, olives and herbs just before serving. Serve over cooked pasta.
NOTE: Cooking chicken on the bone vs. boneless will increase cook time about 30 min to 1 hour.