Cabbage, carrot and potato skillet (Temme Schwerdtfeger)
- 1 medium head green cabbage
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1/2 –inch dice
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- Seasoned salt and crushed red pepper flakes
Cut the cabbage into quarters. Cut off and discard the hard core from each wedge. Slice the cabbage into ½-inch-wide strips. Set aside.
In a deep 12-inch skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cabbage and potatoes.
Add water and season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover.
Cook until the potatoes are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Post Grape-Nuts Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- LITTLE LEMON DROPS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham and Green Bean Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Gnocchi with Mushroom Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cabbage salad (overnight) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cleve's Carrot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH CARROTS... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- : Mom's Cabbage Rolls (Holubtsi) 0/5 (0 Votes)