MONSTER COOKIE OVERLOAD
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup m&ms, plus more for decorating
- 1 bag Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
Adapted from sweetannas.com
Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Mix in the eggs, vanilla and baking soda until smooth. Mix in the oats, and then the rest of the ingredients until combined… except for the additional m&ms.
Drop by a small scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork dipped in cold water. Press a few of the reserved m&ms into the top of the cookies that have no m&ms showing.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just set and barely golden brown around the edges.
These cookies are best slightly under-done, so err on the side of taking them out too soon rather than letting them get overdone.
As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie. Move to wire rack and cool completely.