Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (8-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles (recommended: Rotel)
- 1 cup shredded 4 cheese blend
- Tortilla chips and cut vegetables, for serving
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once it foams, add the shallot and garlic, and saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add the flour and cook while stirring until it becomes a light blonde color.
Slowly stir in the heavy cream, and the drained spinach, and simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. Remove to a serving bowl.
You'll also love
- Quick Barbecued Beef Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Double-Cut Pork Chop 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie (Martha Stewart) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Popcorn Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Boursin Creamed Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet-Potato Gnocchi with... 0/5 (0 Votes)