Wild-and Brown-Rice Salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 c cooked wild rice, made according to package directions
- 3 c cooked brown rice (about 1 1/3 c uncooked) made according to package directions
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2in pieces
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, quartered lenthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 6 oz red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and mustard; set aside.
2. Place the wild rice, brown rice, yellow pepper, red onion, celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and cilantro in a medium bowl. Add the dressing, and toss well to combine.