Sweet Potato Bread
Sweet Potato Bread is similar to pumpkin bread with cinnamon, nutmeg and pecans. The flavor however is not the same, it's even better! Give it a try, you'll love it!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed or pureed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated (I have used orange extract)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from bing.com
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 2 (9x5-inch) loaf pans.
In large bowl combine eggs oil, apple sauce, and vanilla. Stir in sweet potatoes and orange peel or extract.
In separate bowl combine flour, sugars, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder.
Stir flour mixture into sweet potato mixture until just combined.
Divide batter evenly between the 2 loaf pans and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until tooth pick inserted near the center comes back out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes in pans before taking a butter knife and loosening the edges of the bread from the pans. Turn out bread onto a wire baker's rack and cover with a dry towel until completely cooled.
You'll also love
- Elvis Presleys favorite "Potato... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pecan-Crusted Baked Fish 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Spicy Vegan Potato Curry 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pancakes 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cheese & Bacon, Grilled Sandwiches 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Latkes 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Oatmeal Whole Wheat Blueberry... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)