Herbed Turkey Ragout with Spaghetti
- 1/3 c minced carrot
- 1/3 c minced onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp crumbled dry sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 dry white wine
- 1 1/2 c (8oz) finely chopped skinless roast turkey
- 3/4 c fat-free no salt added chicken broth
- 1/2 c reduced-sodium canned tomato puree
- 8 oz whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 c 1% milk
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
1. In heavy pot, combine carrot, onion, oil, sage, pepper and salt over med heat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden (about 3 min).
2. Add wine, and increase heat to med high. Cook until wine evaporates (about 3 min). Add turkey, broth, tomato puree, and milk. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 min. Stir in parsley and simmer for 2 min.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook spaghetti for 2 min less than package directions indicate.( It will be very firm to the bite). Drain and return to the pot.
4. Add ragout and toss intermittently for about 2 min so the pasto absorbs some of the sauce.