Sweet and Spicy Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Adapted from southernkissed.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In mixer, cream butter. Add granulated and brown sugar and mix well. Add vanilla extract and egg beating well.
4. Add dry ingredients to mixer bowl and beat until well mixed. Add chocolate chips.
5. Use medium sized cookie scoop and place dough balls approximately 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let sit for one minute then remove to wire rack to cool completely.