Homemade Southern Biscuits
- 2 cups self-rising flour (plus additional for dusting work surface)
- 6 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
Adapted from southernkissed.com
1. Place approximately 1 cup of flour in food processor. Cut butter into pieces and add to flour. Pulsate until flour is in pea-sized pieces.
2. Combine mixture with additional 1 cup of flour. Add buttermilk and mix with spoon. Mixture will be "sticky."
3. Pat out mixture on floured surface until about 1 inch thick. Cut with biscuit cutter (or drinking end of cup). Place on baking sheet.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown.