Homemade Cream of Whatever Soup Mix Substitute
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, PLUS
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
Adapted from cdkitchen.com
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container, in a cool dry place, for up to 1 year.
Use as a substitute for half of a 10 3/4-oz. can of condensed cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soup.
How to Use: Just take a microwave safe bowl, whisk 2/3 cup of water with 3 tablespoons of this soup mix. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Check on it and whisk occasionally.