Szechuan Green Beans
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri but made easier.
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons grape seed oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced or sliced garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 ounce hot chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin or white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound green beans, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Adapted from Google.com
In medium sauté pan over medium heat, add oil. Add ginger and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until it turns light brown; add cleaned green beans and sauté till just crisp and cooked (don't over cook, they should have some crunch but not raw). When done add soy sauce, chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, hoisin, mirin, sesame oil and cilantro. Either add peanuts to pan or add when being served. Add parsley if desired.