Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pound carrots; 1 inch lengths
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots; cook,
stirring once, until beginning to brown, 2 minutes.
Add broth, honey, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a
boil; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 10 minutes.
Uncover, and cook over medium-high until carrots are tender and liquid is
syrupy, 7 to 9 minutes more (there should be only a small amount of liquid
Remove skillet from heat; add butter, and swirl skillet until melted.
Season with salt and pepper.