Kung Pao Chicken
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp light sesame or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp green onion, chopped with tops
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, (to your own taste)
- 1 ⁄2 tsp powdered ginger, (can use fresh grated if preferred)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 4 cup cooked rice, hot
Adapted from kitchme.com
1.Combine chicken and cornstarch in small bowl.
2.Toss to coat.
3.Heat oil in large non-stick skillet or wok on medium heat.
5.Stir fry 5- 7 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
6.Remove from heat.
7.Add onions, garlic, red pepper and ginger to skillet.
8.Stir fry 15 seconds.
9.Remove from heat.
10.Combine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in small bowl.
12.Add to skillet.
13.Return chicken to skillet.
14.Stir until chicken is well coated.
15.Stir in nuts.
16.Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
17.Serve over hot rice.