BACON, CHEESE AND TOMATO LOAF
- 1 (1-pound) loaf garlic-buttered French bread
- 4 medium or 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves*
- 8 ounces (2 cups)Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 6 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- Substitute 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves for the fresh basil.
Adapted from landolakes.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Heat bread according to package directions; split loaf lengthwise. Place loaf halves, split-side up, onto ungreased baking sheet.
To assemble sandwich, layer each half evenly with tomato, basil, cheese and bacon. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.