Turkey Burgers with Blue Cheese
- o 3 lbs. ground turkey, equal parts dark and light meat
- o 1 C red onion, finely chopped
- o 4 large garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- o 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- o 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- o 1/3 C flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- o 1 Tbsp. kosher salt (or to your taste)
- o 1 Tbsp. freshly ground pepper
- o 1 Tbsp. olive oil (plus additional oil for grilling)
- o 5 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
Heat grill to med-high heat.
Bring the ground turkey to room temperature while prepping the other ingredients.
In a large bowl, lightly mix all ingredients together. Form into ten patties.
Brush each burger lightly with olive oil. Grill, flipping halfway through, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (about 10 minutes total, depending on the temperature of the grill and burgers).
Serve on toasted potato, brioche or whole wheat buns.