Super Skinny Chocolate Muffins
These Chocolate Muffins are delicious, and the ingredients to make them are much healthier than what you'd find in most chocolate muffins. Nothing beats guilt free chocolate!
- 1 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used Hershey's Dark)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain yogurt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water (I think coffee could be used here too)
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (I used half Splenda and half xylitol)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (or use cupcake liners).
Using a food processor (or a blender), blend all of the ingredients together except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth. (Note: grinding oats first, before adding other ingredients may make it easier to get a smooth consistency. I still had a few pieces of oats, but I was fine with that.)
Pour mixture into prepared muffin pans. These aren't going to rise a lot, so you can fill them pretty full for larger muffins, or about half to 2/3 for the traditional VitaTop look. Add a few chocolate chips to each muffin cup (about half of them) to ensure each muffin has chips in it. (If you add them to the batter bowl, they all just sink to the bottom.) The other half of the chips will be added to the tops in the next step. If you don't want any on top, add them all now.
Place muffin tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from oven and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin. This just makes them look all pretty and like VitaTops.
Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2 to 5 minutes (mine took 5 to 7), or until a toothpick comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Spanish Quiche with Olives &... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- 7 Up Cake 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Coconut Poke Cake 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Pull-Apart Bread 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana Walnut Muffins 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Carrot Bran Muffins 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Zucchini Quiche 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Crepes - Sues 4.3/5 (11 Votes)