Squash - Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
This Stuffed Acorn Squash is quite flavorful and surprisingly filling. At first I planned to stuff it with couscous, but I decided to give quinoa a try instead. Turned out to be a winner!
- 3 acorn squash
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from cookingwithmykid.com
Preheat over to 400°F.
Cut acorn squash in 1/2 and scoop out seeds. Place face down in 1/4-inch of water and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until soft when poked with fork.
Place quinoa in a pot and pour vegetable broth over it. Bring broth to a boil, cover and turn the heat down to a low simmer. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until quinoa appears light and fluffy. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, in a large pan saute onion in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Stir in carrots and zucchini and continue to saute until vegetables begin to soften. Spoon cooked quinoa into saute pan and add chick peas. Add paprika and continue to saute for several minutes. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Turn cooked squash face up and scoop quinoa stuffing into each dividing the entire amount it evenly among the squash bowls.
You'll also love
- Turkey meatloaf 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cumin-Chile Pork Kebabs 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon-and-Egg Potato Salad 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon-Lime Drink 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Reboot - Juice - Pumpkin Pie 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Dog Treat Cookies 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple Pie Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars 4.4/5 (20 Votes)