White Bean Burgers
Tasty vegetarian white bean burgers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 6 baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tblspoons freshly grated parmesean
- handful basil leaves, chopped or torn
- 1-2 tablespoons tahini (or hummus tahini)
- 1 egg
- seasoned breadcrumbs
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Sate garlic and onion in olive oil with salt and then let cool.
Mash beans in a large mixing bowl to form a lumpy paste. Add the mushrooms,onion mixture,parmesean,basil,tahini and egg. Mix well.
Mix in enough breadcrumbs to hold the mixture together. For 4 to 6 bean patties and coat in breadcrumbs. Cook in olive oil until crispy and brown.
Uncooked burgers can be wrapped and stored in fridge for 5 days.