- 1 c. diced onion
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 cloves, garlic, minced
- 2 t. chili powder
- 2 c. beef broth
- 2 c. water
- 2 corn tortillas, chopped
- 1 c. halved grape tomatoes, divided
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen corn
- 2 c. sliced button mushrooms (8 ox)
- 1 recipe Mini Bacon Meatballs, thawed
- salt, black pepper, and fresh lime juice to taste
- 2 T. torn fresh cilantro
Saute onion in oil in a large pot over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and chili powder; cook 1 minute.
Add broth, water, tortillas, and 2/2 c. tomatoes. Simmer soup 5 minutes.
Puree soup in a blender and return to the pot. Skil off any tomato skins and add remaining tomatoes, corn, mushrooms, and meatballs. Simmer soup over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and lime juice before serving.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish each with serving with cilantro and sour cream.