Sweet N Savory Apple Stuffing
Add sausage to this and make a total meal. Its awesome!
- 1 med tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1/4 c minced fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 T chopped celery leaves
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 c chopped pecans
- 1 t poultry seasoning
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t sage
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c water
- 12 oz unseasoned stuffing croutons
In a skillet, cook the apple, celery, onion, parsley, green onions, and celery leaves in butter until tender. Stir in the raisins, cranberries, pecans, poultry seasoning, salt, sage, and pepper; mix well. Stir in broth, water and stuffing. Toss to coat evenly.
Transfer to a 9x13 dish thats been sprayed with Pam. Cover and bake for 20 min at 350. Uncover and bake another 15 min until heated through and lightly browned.