BLT Macaroni Salad
This cold salad is the best I have ever made. It will fly right off of the table. This is perfect to take to parties or get-togethers. Your family and friends will absolutely love this :)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise OR 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- Note: if your family doesn't like the heat that chili sauces gives, then simply use 1 or 2 tablespoons of ketchup and a couple of dashes of Worcestershire Sauce sauce instead
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and chopped (I prefer roma tomatoes, but any kind will work so use your favorite or whatever you have in the refrigerator)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives "optional"
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from sphotos-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net
1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well.
2. Add the macaroni, tomato, onions and the black olives if you are using them; toss to coat.
3. Cover and refrigerate.
4. Just before serving, add lettuce and the crumbled bacon to the macaroni mixture and then toss to coat