Breakfast Pizza with a Hash Brown Crust
- 3 cups hash brown potatoes, shredded (if frozen, defrosted)
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 uncooked strips bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup red peppers, diced
- 4 links breakfast sausage, cooked and sliced in 1/4'' rounds
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
Adapted from qvc.com
1.Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2.To prepare the crust, combine the potatoes, onion, egg, salt, pepper, paprika, and flour in a mixing bowl. Mix until the potatoes are evenly coated, then place them on a well-greased cookie sheet, 9'' cake pan, or 9'' oven-safe sauté pan. (If using a cookie sheet, mold the potatoes into a 9'' round shape). Bake for 30 minutes.
3.To prepare the topping, combine the eggs, salt, pepper, and milk in a mixing bowl; set aside.
4.Cook the bacon until crisp in a small nonstick sauté pan. Then, with a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the fat and drain it on paper towels. Set aside.
5.Remove all but 1 Tbsp bacon fat from the pan, add the peppers, and sauté until soft. Add the egg mixture and cook until slightly underdone.
6.Top the pizza crust with 3/4 cup of the shredded cheddar, followed by the eggs, bacon, and sausage. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and scallions.
7.Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into wedges and serve.