Pumpkin Cheesecake with Bourbon Spiked Cream
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed into crumbs
- 1 cup ground pecan pieces
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 pounds cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Dash bourbon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the crumbs, ground pecans and the butter together. Mix well and press into a 12-inch spring-form pan.
3. In a food processor, with the metal blade, mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add the brown sugar and blend. Add the eggs 1 at a time to thoroughly incorporate into the cheese mixture. Add the heavy cream. Add the flour, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add the mashed pumpkin and blend until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cake is set.
4. Remove from the oven and with a knife loosen the sides from the pan. This will prevent the cake from splitting down the center. Completely cool the cake before cutting.
5. Combine the whipped cream and bourbon together, blend well. Garnish each piece of cake with the Bourbon Whipped Cream.