Cheesy Crockpot Chicken, Pork, Beef Tip, or Polish Sausage Dinner
This is a very versatile recipe which you can use with a variety of different types of meat. It's easy and simple to prepare. I can prepare this in the morning before I go to work and when I get home "ta da" dinner is all done. To complete the dinner I simply add a mixed green salad or another green vegetable side dish. Enjoy !! :)
- 1 32oz bag Tater tots
- 1 3oz bag bacon bits (REAL) OR 6 slices of bacon which you have cut into small pieces and then cooked until it's crisp
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, which you have diced and cut into chunks, OR 1 lb center cut pork chops, which you have diced and cut into chunks, or 1 lb stew beef, or 1 lb of polish sausage which has been cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cup shredded cheddar OR if you want the dish to have a southwest flair you can substitute 2 cups of shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 3/4 cup milk OR 3/4 cup of evaporated milk -- I prefer the evaporated milk because it adds another layer of flavor to the dish, but regular milk works fine also.
- 1 Pkg of dry Ranch Dressing Mix OR 1 pkg of dry Italian Dressing Mix -- this can be omitted if you like
- salt & pepper - to taste - be careful with the seasonings because the bacon also has salt in it.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 360mins
Adapted from sphotos-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net
Spray the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. 1st Layer is 1/2 of the tater tots. 2nd Layer is 1/3 of the bacon bits or bacon & 1/3 of the cheese sprinkled on top of the tater tots. 3rd layer is the meat layer. Use whichever type of meat you have chosen for this layer. Now salt and pepper the meat layer being careful not to overseason with salt because the bacon also has salt in it. 4th Layer 1/3 of the bacon and cheese. 4th Layer use the rest of the tater tots. 5th Layer sprinkle with the remaining bacon and cheese. Stir the package of Ranch Dressing Mix OR the Italian Dressing Mix into the milk if you are using these seasonings, or you can just use the plain milk. Now pour seasoned milk or plain milk into the crockpot. Cook on low 4-6 hours :)