Applesauce Spice Bars
These applesauce bars with a creamy white frosting are super moist and delicious.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from landolakes.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine sugar, 1/3 cup butter and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add all remaining ingredients except raisins. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Stir in raisins.
Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Combine all frosting ingredients except pecans in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth. Frost cooled bars; sprinkle with pecans. Cut into bars.
You'll also love
- cookie - Gluten Free Banana Chip... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Teriyaki orange ginger chicken 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Cheese & Apple Sandwiches 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Hill Apple Cake 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Super Fast Vegetarian Taco Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Peppermint Patty Pie 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Biko (Filipino Sweet Sticky Rice) 4.4/5 (5 Votes)