Mac and Cheese Soup
From The Food Network magazine
- 4 oz elbow macaroni (1 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1 carrott cut into 1" pieces
- 1 stalk cerery cut inot 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 3/4 cups fat free chicken broth (or stock)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 6 oz shredded cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Mince carrot and celery and oniion if desired in a food processor. Mist a saucepan with cooking spray. Add vegetables and cook over medium heat until softened. Add the flour and cook, stirring til thicken. Add the broth gradually and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring until thickened, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the milk, cheeses and macaroni and stir to melt cheese.
I used butter to saute the vegetables, but they got a little burned. Next time cook slower. This was very good.