Mexican 16-Bean Tomato and Chorizo Stew
Tweak it: Substitute tomatoes seasoned with garlic and olive oil for the chili-style tomatoes. Add 2 packs Goya Sazon seasonings. Replace chorizo with 3/4 Lb. boneless chicken breasts, cubed.
- 1 pkg (16 oz) Goya 16-bean soup mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and dice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) Del Monte Zesty Chili Style diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces cured chorizo, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving (optional)
- Tortilla chips and sour cream (optional)
1. Rinse beans and place in a large saucepan. Cover with water and soak overnight.
2. Coat bowl of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Drain beans and add to slow cooker. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, garlic, broth, tomatoes, chorizo and 2 cups water.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4. To serve, stir in salt and cilantro. Accompany with tortilla chips, sour cream and additional cilantro, if desired.
You'll also love
- Creamy Potato and Prosciutto Salad 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cherry Berry Ginger Smoothie Recipe 4.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Pork: SWEET & SOUR PORK RECIPE 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup –... 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast... 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Lasagna 4.6/5 (41 Votes)