Beef and Potato Tacos
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mexican Beef and Potato Tacos Recipes » Main Dish » Tacos, Burritos and Enchiladas
- My original plan for dinner was to make a simple batch of ground beef tacos, served authentic Mexican style. As I was browning the beef I was trying to think of some ways to jazz them up a bit. This is what I came up with.
- (4.5, 3) 100% would make again
- 150 people marked it a Favorite, 7 people marked it a Try Soon
- Yield: 4
- Cuisine: Mexican Main Ingredient: Beef
- SpicySavoryHotmexicanpotatocheesyBeefMexicanDinnerSummerSpicy (Hot)Edit tags...
- photo by shannonkwendt Add my photo of this recipe... .Full RecipeReviews (3)Photos (1)Ingredients [ View Metric ] 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t coriander
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t Mexican oregano rubbed
- 2 t cider vinegar
- 1 can sliced potatoes drained and liquid reserved
- 1 corn tortilla shells fried and drained well
- 1 shredded Mexican blend cheese
- .NEW! Eat healthier with nutrition info!
- Try BigOven Pro for Free Preparation
- Brown beef on medium high heat. Drain well.
- Return meat to pan. Reduce heat to medium and stir in onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes. Add seasonings, vinegar and potato liquid; simmer for 20 minutes. Taste and adjust as desired.