Hot ham and swiss sandwich
- 1/2 C butter or margarine
- 1/4 C Dijon mustard
- 1/4 C finely chopped onion
- 1 T poppy seeds
- Sliced cooked ham (prepackaged or left overs)
- Sliced swiss cheese (baby swiss is best)
- Buns or dinner rolls of your choice
- (how many depends upon how thickly you like the sauce)
Mix butter, mustard, onions and poppy seeds until smooth and well blended. Let sit for flavors to blend for about an hour at room temp.
Spread butter and mustard mixture over one side of bun or roll, top with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. Top with top of bun or roll. Wrap each sandwich in aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted at 350.