Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Port Sauce
This restaurant-style Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Port Sauce is perfect for entertaining but so easy, you'll make it for weeknight dinners too!
- 2 small pork tenderloins (each 1 pound)
- 1 tbsp. chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup port
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. dried blueberries (optional)
- 1 cup wild or cultivated blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Fresh spinach, for serving (optional)
Adapted from cbc.ca
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season the pork tenderloins with salt and pepper, and coat with chopped thyme and rosemary.
Heat large oven-proof frying pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add pork. Cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to oven and cook until pork has just a blush of pink in the centre, about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove pork from the pan and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, transfer pan to stovetop over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and shallot. Cook until shallot begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Add red wine, stock, port, maple syrup, dried blueberries and wild blueberries. Stir to incorporate the pan drippings into the sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let the sauce reduce by half. Add remaining wild blueberries. Season with salt and pepper. Take pan off heat and swirl in butter. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Serve with spinach, if desired.
You'll also love
- Breaded lemon chicken 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp Sliders 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini Fritters 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Mixed-Fruit Tart with Coconut... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- "Man Candy" Sweet & Spicy Bacon 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Bacon-Cheese Pull-Aparts 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Easy Mango Blackberry Swirl Ice... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Raspberry & Serrano Sangria 4.5/5 (24 Votes)