Rouge’s grilled panzanella salad
- 1/2 loaf day-old baguette, sliced lengthwise
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 6 ripe, firm tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, shredde
Adapted from chatelaine.com
Preheat barbecue to medium.
Brush both sides of bread with 1 tbsp oil. Whisk remaining oil with vinegar in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, olives, onion and salt. Season with pepper. Let stand 20 min.
Oil grill, then toast bread, with lid open, until grill marks form, 2 min per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-sized cubes. Stir bread along with basil into tomato mixture. Serve with Grilled t-bone with lemony maître d’ butter.