Zucchini Spaghetti with Spinach Pesto
This healthy and delicious gluten-free vegetable spaghetti is so fun to make! You can buy vegetable turning slicers in kitchenware stores or order online.
- Spinach Pesto
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 small bunch basil
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 to 3 roasted red peppers, sliced
- Freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino, to garnish
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, to garnish (optional)
- Handful chopped cashews, to garnish (optional)
Adapted from cbc.ca
Add spinach, basil, cashews, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to food processor. Pulse until smooth, adding more olive oil, if needed, to make a smooth pesto. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
Using a spiralizer or vegetable turning slicer, turn zucchini into long strands that resemble spaghetti. Alternatively, if you don’t have a spiralizer, cut zucchini into long strips with a vegetable peeler and then cut into thin strands, lengthwise, with a sharp knife.
Add zucchini strands to large pot of salted, boiling water and blanch very briefly, just to make zucchini pliable, about 15 to 30 seconds. Drain well.
Toss zucchini spaghetti with pesto to taste. Add roasted red pepper and toss to combine. Plate and garnish with grated cheese, lemon zest and cashews, as desired.
You'll also love
- Fig Honey Yogurt Smoothie Recipe 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- LEMON POKE CAKE 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Tigger Tails from Pooh Corner -... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Baked Potato Soup 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Zucchini bars with spice frosting 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- pumpkin muffins 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Crispy Zucchini Fries 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Freezable Low Carb Spinach Lasagna 4.5/5 (22 Votes)