quickbread - Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- You will need-Swirl:
- 2 or 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Adapted from lazyglutenfree.com
Preheat oven to 345F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
1) In a mixer, combine the bananas, sugar, melted butter, vanilla on medium-low speed. Add egg and mix until blended.
2) Add baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, and flour. Stir until blended - do not over mix.
3) In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon.
4) Spread half of the batter in the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle about half of the sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over batter. Spread remaining batter and top with remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture (I ended up having a little left over since it seemed like too much).
5) Bake for about 45-50 minutes. I started checking it at 35 minutes and it was done at 45, so watch it closely.