skillet ground beef stew
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp gold medal flour
- 1 pkg sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup progresso beef flavored broth
- 1/2 cup whilling cream
- 4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 lb unpeeled yukon gold or red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
in a 12 inch skillet, cook beef over medium high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, drain. stir in salt,pepper and flour. add the mushrooms, cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
in a small bowl, mix the broth, whipping cream and mustard with wire whisk. add to the beef mixture. stir in the potatoes and carrots.
reduce heat to medium low. cover, cook 15 minutes until vegies are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. sprinkle with parsley/