Gingered Stir-Fry with Shrimp and Snow Peas
RECIPE—Large nonstick skillets that can create a sear are ideal for stir-fries. For this recipe, F&W's Grace Parisi creates layers of flavor with Chinese chile-garlic sauce and matchsticks of fresh ginger.
PAIRING—Bright, citrusy Sauvignon Blanc from Chile: 2010 Las Mulas.
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chile-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 1/4 cup ginger, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1/2 lb snow peas
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 4 small scallions, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, whisk stock, soy sauce, chile sauce, and cornstarch.
In a large skillet, heat veg oil. Add ginger and fry until soft (1 min). Add snow peas and fry until crisp and tender (2 min). Add shrimp and fry 1 minute. Add scallions and fry 30 seconds. Add sauce to skillet and fry until shrimp is opaque and sauce thickened.
You'll also love
- RIGATONI CARBONARA (Kay... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Delicious Banana Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corny Salmon Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Char Grilled Lobster with Spicy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Northwoods Fire Shrimp Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SHRIMP FRIED RICE GF 0/5 (0 Votes)