Blue cheese popovers
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for tins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp. roughly chopped fresh thyme
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, flour, salt and pepper until all the lumps have disappeared.
2. Whisk in the blue cheese and thyme.
3. Cover with lid or plastic wrap to make the bowl air-tight. Chill the batter in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
4. Preheat the oven to 425 deg. F.
5. Generously butter the muffin tins.
6. Fill each muffin cup to the top with the chilled batter.
7. Bake the popovers until golden and puffed, 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.