- 4 lg russet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 slices Canadian bacon or lean ham (~ 2oz), diced
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp skim milk
Preheat oven to 425 deg. Scrub potatoes; pat dry. Pierce several times with a fork. Bake until tender, about 1 hr.
While potatoes are baking, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over med heat. Add the green pepper and onion; saute until crisp-tender, about 5 min. Stir in mushrooms and bacon; saute until mushrooms are tender, about 5 min. Set aside.
Remove potatoes from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 deg. Slice off tops of potatoes. Scoop out insides, keeping shells intact. In a medium bowl, mash potatoes. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheddar, milk, and vegetable mixture.
Spoon potatoe mixture into shells, dividing evenly. Sprinkle remaining cheddar over tops.
Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake until hot, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.